Confession: I thought Mandy Moore was sweet and soulful in the drippy A Walk to Remember. And she made an alluring bitch in the sappy Princess Diaries. But the pop diva goes down with the bubbles in this hopelessly shallow soap opera. Moore, 19, plays Halley Martin, a high school cynic who turns against love when her radio-DJ dad (Peter Gallagher) leaves her mom (Allison Janney) for a bimbo. Halley has to deal with the divorce, with her best friend getting pregnant by a jock who dies playing soccer and with falling hard for a teen rebel (Trent Ford) who almost unhooks her bra and then nearly kills her in a car accident. Moore shouldn't have to deal with the trite script, by Neena Beber, that Clare Kilner directs with moldy, misplaced sincerity. You shouldn't, either.
How to Deal
- How to Deal
- Mandy Moore, Allison Janney, Alexandra Holden, Peter Gallagher, Trent Ford
- Directed by Clare Kilner
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportWhat It's Like to Be in Mayweather's Entourage
Men's JournalDo Men Suck at Friendship?
Men's Journal10 Ways to Maximize Pleasure During Sex
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema BlendTop 10 Steamiest Sex Scenes
- 'Super Troopers 2' Officially a Go After Crowdfunding $4.4 Million
- 5 Things We Learned From 2015 White House Correspondents' Dinner
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Navajo Actress Explains Why She Left Adam Sandler 'Ridiculous 6' Set
- Native American Actors Defend Adam Sandler's 'Ridiculous 6'
- Waka Flocka Flame for President: Watch His Exclusive Campaign Video
- Watch Neil deGrasse Tyson, Jon Stewart Debate Superman vs. Batman
- Jay Z Defends Tidal: 'We Are Here for the Long Haul'