What to say about this lame-brained, limp dick attempt to update a classic Brothers Grimm tale into an f-bomb throwing vomit-inducing 3D franchise? I say, screw the damn thing and run the other way. It's all kinds of sad to see the gifted Jeremy Renner (Hurt Locker, The Town) tainting his rep for the sake of a quick payday. Renner plays the grownup Hansel. The British actress Gemma Arterton takes on Gretel, his sister. And they're both in the – wait for it – witch hunting business. That's a cue for Norwegian writer-director Tommy Wirkola (Dead Snow) to explode heads and toss stuff at us in 3D. Hansel's candy fetish has made him the first recorded diabetic of the Middle Ages. He carries an old-school hypodermic needle. Them's the jokes, folks. Hansel does have a keen eye for business. "Trolls are extra," he tells the sheriff (Peter Stormare). This may be the longest 90 minutes you ever spend in a theater. You¹ve been warned.
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton
- Directed by Tommy Wirkola
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
SpinThe 50 Best Rock Bands Right Now
Mental FlossWhere Are 10 Key Players in The O.J. Simpson Trial Now?
Diffuser27 of the Most Offensive Band Names Ever
Cracked5 Famous People Who Lost Everything (For Stupid Reasons)
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Rick Rubin: My Life in 21 Songs
- The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power
- See New Video for Jeff Buckley's Smiths Cover 'I Know It's Over'
- Watch OK Go Defy Gravity in 'Upside Down & Inside Out' Video
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Bruce Springsteen's 'The River': Steven Van Zandt Looks Back
- Ace Frehley Announces New LP, 'White Room' Cover, Paul Stanley Reunion