What to say about this lame-brained, limp dick attempt to update a classic Brothers Grimm tale into an f-bomb throwing vomit-inducing 3D franchise? I say, screw the damn thing and run the other way. It's all kinds of sad to see the gifted Jeremy Renner (Hurt Locker, The Town) tainting his rep for the sake of a quick payday. Renner plays the grownup Hansel. The British actress Gemma Arterton takes on Gretel, his sister. And they're both in the – wait for it – witch hunting business. That's a cue for Norwegian writer-director Tommy Wirkola (Dead Snow) to explode heads and toss stuff at us in 3D. Hansel's candy fetish has made him the first recorded diabetic of the Middle Ages. He carries an old-school hypodermic needle. Them's the jokes, folks. Hansel does have a keen eye for business. "Trolls are extra," he tells the sheriff (Peter Stormare). This may be the longest 90 minutes you ever spend in a theater. You¹ve been warned.
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
- Jeremy Renner, Gemma Arterton
- Directed by Tommy Wirkola
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Prophets of Rage: Inside New RATM, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill Supergroup
- Bernie Sanders Fights On: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Hear Pusha T, Jay Z Confess on 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Where Did 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Go Wrong?
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How 'Counter-Strike' Introduced Itself to Cable Audiences
- Gun Found in Car Carrying Troy Ave Matches Bullet From Show Shooting
- Green Party's Jill Stein on Why Bernie Sanders Should Go Third-Party