You can feel your heart sink just watching the trailer. The gimmick is all laid out for you: Best buds Rick (Owen Wilson) and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) get a hall pass from their wives, Maggie (Jenna Fischer) and Grace (Christina Applegate, best in this tepid show), to screw around for a week. Since they're idiots, there's nothing to worry about. It's a lame trailer, but the movie itself is much, much worse. Back in the days when Peter and Bobby Farrelly made funny movies (is 1998's There's Something About Mary really the last of their glory days?), the brothers might have had gross-out fun with this setup. But now everything feels forced. Nothing kills laughter faster than trying too hard.
- Hall Pass
- Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis
- Directed by Peter and Bobby Farrelly
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonPrince's 5 Most Iconic Live Performances
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind The Scenes
SpinThe Five Greatest Motörhead Albums
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists Of All Time
Salon7 Weird Things That Turn Women On
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story
- What Jon Snow's Return Means for 'Game of Thrones'
- Kit Harington Says 'Sorry' for 'Game of Thrones' Jon Snow Deception
- See Aretha Franklin Sing Prince's 'Purple Rain' at White House
- 10 Best Zingers from Obama's Final White House Correspondents Dinner
- Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney, the Who Tease Mega-Festival
- Watch Highlight Reel of Obama's Most Embarrassing Moments
- Billy Corgan on D'arcy Wretzky: 'Encouraged to Hear That She Is Playing Music'