You can feel your heart sink just watching the trailer. The gimmick is all laid out for you: Best buds Rick (Owen Wilson) and Fred (Jason Sudeikis) get a hall pass from their wives, Maggie (Jenna Fischer) and Grace (Christina Applegate, best in this tepid show), to screw around for a week. Since they're idiots, there's nothing to worry about. It's a lame trailer, but the movie itself is much, much worse. Back in the days when Peter and Bobby Farrelly made funny movies (is 1998's There's Something About Mary really the last of their glory days?), the brothers might have had gross-out fun with this setup. But now everything feels forced. Nothing kills laughter faster than trying too hard.
- Hall Pass
- Owen Wilson, Jason Sudeikis
- Directed by Peter and Bobby Farrelly
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Sins of the Flesh
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Honor Folk Great Lead Belly
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 19