Next to finding a lump of coal under your Christmas tree, I can't think of a worse gift for the holiday season than a ticket to Grudge Match. Sylvester Stallone, 67, plays Henry "Razor" Sharp, a Pittsburgh boxer who decided to retire in 1983 just before a decisive third match with Billy "The Kid" McDonnen, played by Robert De Niro, 70. Now these two feuding AARP stalwarts decide to hold a grudge match to settle the score. The jokes are older than the actors. "Gutsy move to go without a bra," Razor tells The Kid. You get my drift. The fight scenes are drag-ass. Add shameless tearjerking when Kim Basinger, 60, shows up as the babe they both once loved. You don't need a ref to see that paychecks were the prime motivation for this soggy Rocky vs. Raging Bull saga. Watching De Niro and Stallone piss all over their most iconic roles provides no pleasure. It made me feel – Sad. Sad. Sad.
- Grudge Match
- Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone
- Directed by Peter Segal
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- 40 Greatest TV Villains of All Time
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- What Would Actually Happen If We Broke Up the Banks?
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- Hear David Crosby's Tender New Ballad With Snarky Puppy