Next to finding a lump of coal under your Christmas tree, I can't think of a worse gift for the holiday season than a ticket to Grudge Match. Sylvester Stallone, 67, plays Henry "Razor" Sharp, a Pittsburgh boxer who decided to retire in 1983 just before a decisive third match with Billy "The Kid" McDonnen, played by Robert De Niro, 70. Now these two feuding AARP stalwarts decide to hold a grudge match to settle the score. The jokes are older than the actors. "Gutsy move to go without a bra," Razor tells The Kid. You get my drift. The fight scenes are drag-ass. Add shameless tearjerking when Kim Basinger, 60, shows up as the babe they both once loved. You don't need a ref to see that paychecks were the prime motivation for this soggy Rocky vs. Raging Bull saga. Watching De Niro and Stallone piss all over their most iconic roles provides no pleasure. It made me feel – Sad. Sad. Sad.
- Grudge Match
- Robert De Niro, Sylvester Stallone
- Directed by Peter Segal
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental Floss10 Artists Who Hated Their Biggest Hit
Guitar WorldThe 25 Greatest Acoustic Songs In Hard Rock
VultureThe 30 Most Important Sex Scenes in Movie History
Salon10 Songs With Hidden Drug References
TestTubeHow Much Sex Should You Be Having?
Mental Floss15 Things You Didn’t Know About 'The Godfather'
- 100 Greatest Bob Dylan Songs
- 'Uncharted 4' Director Neil Druckmann on Nathan Drake, Sexism in Games
- Motley Crue's Tommy Lee: The Exit Interview
- See Radiohead Play 'Creep' Live For First Time in Seven Years
- R.I.P., GOP: How Trump Is Killing the Republican Party
- Paul McCartney: 'I Was Depressed' After Beatles Split
- See Blake Shelton Sing Bitter 'She's Got a Way With Words' on 'Ellen'
- 10 Best 'Saturday Night Live' Sketches From Season 41