If you loved Daredevil and I dare you to say you did, you'll marvel that director Mark Steven Johnson has done it again: taken a dark, twisted hero from the Marvel Comics playbook and homogenized him into a toy boy suitable for mass consumption. Nicolas Cage as Johnny Blaze, the motorcycle stunt driver who makes a deal with Mephistopheles (Peter Fonda). To stay alive — after a crashets his skull on fire — Johnny will do the devil's bidding. He's haunted, of course, and Cage can do haunted with the best of them. But the computer effects that turn Johnny into the blazing Ghost Rider incinerate characterization. The real evil in this flick isn't Blackheart (Wes Bentley), the devil's son, it'she soul-sucking devil of modern cinema: Hollywood formula.
- Ghost Rider
- Nicolas Cage, Wes Bentley, Eva Mendes, Matthew Long, Peter Fonda
- Directed by Mark Steven Johnson
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Celebrities You Didn't Know Had Ridiculous Music Careers
Salon5 Secrets to Great Sex
Cinema BlendThe 10 Greatest Wrestlers Turned Actors
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Cracked6 Famous Movies Made By The Last Person You'd Expect
Mental FlossThe Strange Deaths of 20 Interesting People
- Grateful Dead Archivist Details Massive, New 80-Disc Box Set
- Hear Eminem's Hard-Hitting 'Southpaw' Song 'Phenomenal'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 'Game of Thrones' Recap: Dawn of the Dead
- Muhammad Ali: Last Tango in Vegas
- Iggy Azalea on Canceled Tour: 'I Just Deserve a Break'
- Lil Boosie Gets Real: MC on Prison, Protests and 'Classic' New LP
- Noel Gallagher Talks One Direction, Oasis Brawls on 'James Corden'