In this corner, Steve Carell, the sharp comic mind who gets sharper every week on The Office. Handicap: trying to update a 1960s TV series about idiot spy Maxwell Smart. Max's shoe phone was innovative back then, not so much for generation IM. Director Peter Segal ups the ante on the action, aiming for Bourne more than Bond, but the stunts grow frenzied and increasingly flat. What helps is Carell's inspired silliness and his teaming with delicious Anne Hathaway as Agent 99. Would you believe they have sexual chemistry? OK, no, but they make an appealingly scrappy team. Verdict: No knockout, but Carell wins on a rock-solid technicality — he's funny.
- Get Smart
- Steve Carell, Anne Hathaway, Dwayne Johnson, Alan Arkin, Terence Stamp
- Directed by Peter Segal
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Green Day Thank Vans, Fans, Rock & Roll at Hall of Fame: Read the Speech
- Read Miley Cyrus' Badass Hall of Fame Speech for Joan Jett
- Yoko Ono: Ringo Starr 'Was the Most Influential Beatle'
- Read Patti Smith's Poignant Lou Reed Rock Hall Induction
- Read Fall Out Boy's Loving Green Day Tribute at Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Joan Jett Delivers Blistering Rock Hall Set With Dave Grohl, Miley Cyrus
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Stephen Colbert Admits He Didn't Want to Host 'Daily Show'