Build a comedy around Jim Carrey in manic mode and they will come. Case in point: Fun With Dick and Jane, a pointless, painfully unfunny and yet inexplicably popular remake of the 1977 fizzle with Jane Fonda and George Segal. This time Carrey plays the Dick who loses his job at Globodyne (read Enron). Faced with having to curtail their conspicuous consumption, Dick and wife Jane (Tea Leoni) turn to crime, wearing increasingly strained disguises as they become head-splittingly shrill.
Fun With Dick and Jane
- Fun With Dick and Jane
- Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni, Angie Harmon, Jeff Garlin, Alec Baldwin
- Directed by Dean Parisot
From The Archives Issue 355: October 29, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Inside the Wesleyan Molly Bust
- Frank Zappa's Widow Gail Zappa Dead at 70
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time