Build a comedy around Jim Carrey in manic mode and they will come. Case in point: Fun With Dick and Jane, a pointless, painfully unfunny and yet inexplicably popular remake of the 1977 fizzle with Jane Fonda and George Segal. This time Carrey plays the Dick who loses his job at Globodyne (read Enron). Faced with having to curtail their conspicuous consumption, Dick and wife Jane (Tea Leoni) turn to crime, wearing increasingly strained disguises as they become head-splittingly shrill.
Fun With Dick and Jane
- Fun With Dick and Jane
- Jim Carrey, Tea Leoni, Angie Harmon, Jeff Garlin, Alec Baldwin
- Directed by Dean Parisot
From The Archives Issue 355: October 29, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl Anthem: 'I Just Sang From My Heart'