It's the dog days of summer, the best time to kick back at your ice-station multiplex and get the living crap scared out of you. Damn you, Hollywood, for scamming us with the same tired tricks. Final Destination 5 starts with an R-rated 3D bang as wanna-be chef Sam (Nicholas D'Agosto) has a vision that a collapsing bridge will kill his peeps. Then it all happens in blood-splattering detail, just like in every FD flick. Sam and seven pals, including girlfriend Molly (Emma Bell), cheat death, so the Grim Reaper's BFF (series regular Tony Todd) comes calling to even the score. Kudos for evisceration by acupuncture and Lasik eye surgery. But the cheap thrills wear off way fast, and we're left with atrocious acting, feeble writing and clueless directing (from first-timer Steven Quale). The horror! The horror!
Final Destination 5
- Final Destination 5
- Tony Todd, Nicholas D'Agosto
- Directed by Steven Quale
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- See Bieber Explain VMA Tears, Perform 'What Do You Mean?' on 'Fallon'
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Readers' Poll: The 10 Best Elton John Deep Cuts
- Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums
- Lana Del Rey Clarifies 'Anti-Feminist' Comments to James Franco
- Stephen Colbert Counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' Contest With Raffle
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Andrew Luck: The Natural