It's the dog days of summer, the best time to kick back at your ice-station multiplex and get the living crap scared out of you. Damn you, Hollywood, for scamming us with the same tired tricks. Final Destination 5 starts with an R-rated 3D bang as wanna-be chef Sam (Nicholas D'Agosto) has a vision that a collapsing bridge will kill his peeps. Then it all happens in blood-splattering detail, just like in every FD flick. Sam and seven pals, including girlfriend Molly (Emma Bell), cheat death, so the Grim Reaper's BFF (series regular Tony Todd) comes calling to even the score. Kudos for evisceration by acupuncture and Lasik eye surgery. But the cheap thrills wear off way fast, and we're left with atrocious acting, feeble writing and clueless directing (from first-timer Steven Quale). The horror! The horror!
Final Destination 5
- Final Destination 5
- Tony Todd, Nicholas D'Agosto
- Directed by Steven Quale
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
- Bernie Sanders Fights On: The Rolling Stone Interview
- Prophets of Rage: Inside New RATM, Public Enemy, Cypress Hill Supergroup
- Hear Pusha T, Jay Z Confess on 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Where Did 'Alice Through the Looking Glass' Go Wrong?
- Green Party's Jill Stein on Why Bernie Sanders Should Go Third-Party
- How 'Counter-Strike' Introduced Itself to Cable Audiences
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Bob Weir on Dead & Company's Future, John Mayer's 'Classicist' Style