Cute kills. Or at least it does in this initially promising romantic comedy about Ben the teacher (Jimmy Fallon), who is a Red Sox fanatic, and Lindsey the power exec (Drew Barrymore), who is not. As the indulge in a cute-off — he says she talks out of the side of her mouth like "an adorable stroke victim" — you realize that Nick Hornby's acerbic British novel about a fan's obsession with a losing soccer team has been Americanized into fluff. Nothing is really at stake — even the cursed Sox broke their losing streak. The movie is so soggy and anonymous, I had to remind myself that the Farrelly brothers, Peter and Bobby, directed it. It's sad to watch the kingpins of gross-out try to dial down to cute. Swung at and missed.
- Fever Pitch
- Kadee Strickland, Ione Skye, Miranda Black, Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon
- Directed by Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
From The Archives Issue 408: November 10, 1983
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Stage Names of All Time
SalonThe 7 Most Offensive TV Shows Of All Time
Men's Journal9 Traits That Attract Women
- Watch Bruce Springsteen's Surprise Performance With U2
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Hear Drake Demolish Meek Mill on 'Back to Back' Freestyle
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'
- Derek Zoolander Can't Grasp Movie Title in Hilarious 'Zoolander 2' Teaser
- Tom Brady: Sympathy for the Devil
- Meek Mill Fires Back at Drake With 'Wanna Know'
- Watch Paul McCartney Perform 'Get Back' With Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard