Cute kills. Or at least it does in this initially promising romantic comedy about Ben the teacher (Jimmy Fallon), who is a Red Sox fanatic, and Lindsey the power exec (Drew Barrymore), who is not. As the indulge in a cute-off — he says she talks out of the side of her mouth like "an adorable stroke victim" — you realize that Nick Hornby's acerbic British novel about a fan's obsession with a losing soccer team has been Americanized into fluff. Nothing is really at stake — even the cursed Sox broke their losing streak. The movie is so soggy and anonymous, I had to remind myself that the Farrelly brothers, Peter and Bobby, directed it. It's sad to watch the kingpins of gross-out try to dial down to cute. Swung at and missed.
- Fever Pitch
- Kadee Strickland, Ione Skye, Miranda Black, Drew Barrymore, Jimmy Fallon
- Directed by Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire