The F&F franchise ran out of gas half way into the 2001 original. There is no excuse for this second sequel unless you don't mind watching a muscle car showroom disguised as a movie. Lucas Black as Sean, a troubled American teen who avoids a jail sentence by relocating to Tokyo and living with his Navy ramrod of a dad (Brian Goodman). There he collides with a pileup of gearhead cliches as well as the Japanese phenom of "drift racing" in which drivers slide cars around hard corners at super speeds. Director Justin Lin started promisingly with Better Luck Tomorrow, took a wrong turn with Annapolis, and now careens into disaster with a movie that suffers from blurred vision, motor drag and a plot that's running on fumes. Look out for a cameo — it's the only surprise you'll get from this heap.
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Lucas Black, Lil' Bow Wow, Brian Tee, Sung Kang, Jason Tobin
- Directed by Justin Lin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Guitar WorldThe 13 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Mental Floss10 People Banned from SNL
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Cracked27 Surprising Real Stories Behind Famous Songs
- What's Killing the Babies of Vernal, Utah?
- Watch John Oliver Defend Transgender Rights on 'Last Week Tonight'
- Watch U2 Play 'Gloria' for First Time In 10 Years at Chicago Show
- Apple Music: Everything You Need to Know
- Hating Seth MacFarlane: A Timeline
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Chris Squire, Yes Bassist and Co-Founder, Dead at 67
- Watch Puff Daddy Throw Bad Boy Reunion at BET Awards