The F&F franchise ran out of gas half way into the 2001 original. There is no excuse for this second sequel unless you don't mind watching a muscle car showroom disguised as a movie. Lucas Black as Sean, a troubled American teen who avoids a jail sentence by relocating to Tokyo and living with his Navy ramrod of a dad (Brian Goodman). There he collides with a pileup of gearhead cliches as well as the Japanese phenom of "drift racing" in which drivers slide cars around hard corners at super speeds. Director Justin Lin started promisingly with Better Luck Tomorrow, took a wrong turn with Annapolis, and now careens into disaster with a movie that suffers from blurred vision, motor drag and a plot that's running on fumes. Look out for a cameo — it's the only surprise you'll get from this heap.
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Lucas Black, Lil' Bow Wow, Brian Tee, Sung Kang, Jason Tobin
- Directed by Justin Lin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- The Point of No Return: Climate Change Nightmares Are Already Here
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'