The F&F franchise ran out of gas half way into the 2001 original. There is no excuse for this second sequel unless you don't mind watching a muscle car showroom disguised as a movie. Lucas Black as Sean, a troubled American teen who avoids a jail sentence by relocating to Tokyo and living with his Navy ramrod of a dad (Brian Goodman). There he collides with a pileup of gearhead cliches as well as the Japanese phenom of "drift racing" in which drivers slide cars around hard corners at super speeds. Director Justin Lin started promisingly with Better Luck Tomorrow, took a wrong turn with Annapolis, and now careens into disaster with a movie that suffers from blurred vision, motor drag and a plot that's running on fumes. Look out for a cameo — it's the only surprise you'll get from this heap.
Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
- Lucas Black, Lil' Bow Wow, Brian Tee, Sung Kang, Jason Tobin
- Directed by Justin Lin
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- Larry David on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- See Larry David's 'Bern Your Enthusiasm' 'SNL' Parody