If you're looking for Halloween scares that go deeper than Sarah Michelle Gellar playing trick-or-treat in The Grudge, try this chillingly intense psychological thriller. Ian McEwan's 1998 novel gives director Roger Michell (Notting Hill) a chance to plumb the violence of the mind, as a runaway hot-air balloon brings together a science teacher (a riveting Daniel Craig) and a stalker (Rhys Ifans, all kinds of creepy) in ways that involve God, sex and murder. Spellbinding.
- Enduring Love
- Daniel Craig, Rhys Ifans, Samantha Morton, Bill Nighy, Susan Lynch
- Directed by Roger Michell
From The Archives Issue 400: July 21, 1983
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Guitar WorldThe Beatles' 10 Greatest Guitar Moments
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Mental Floss11 Famous Actors Who Apologized for Their Own Movies
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Rupert Murdoch Is Deviant Scum
- Hear Pharrell's Sultry Remix of A Tribe Called Quest's 'Bonita Applebum'
- 10 Things We Learned From Elvis Costello's Brilliant New Memoir
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Inside Motley Crue's Live Excess: From Roller Coaster Drums to Fire-Spitting Bass
- The Billion View Club: YouTube's 10 Most Watched Videos
- Go Behind the Scenes of Bob Dylan's 'Highway 61 Revisited' Album Cover
- Steven Spielberg's Movies, Ranked Worst to Best