I hated How The Grinch Stole Christmas, which was a smash for Jim Carrey. Cat, another over-blown Hollywood raid on Dr. Seuss, has a draw in Mike Myers, who inexplicably plays the Cat by mimicking Bert Lahr as the Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz. It all smacks of exhausted inspiration. Dr. Seuss' slim volume (barely 1,600 words) is about a cat who teaches two bored kids (Dakota Fanning and Spencer Breslin) to have fun by looking inside themselves. The film bloats it with frenzied action, vulgar jokes and padded roles for Mom (Kelly Preston), her boss (Sean Hayes) and her smarmy boyfriend (Alec Baldwin). Talk about your quick-buck exploitation.
Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat
- Dr. Seuss' The Cat in the Hat
- Alec Baldwin, Mike Meyers
- Directed by Bo Welch
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- One Direction Members Respond to Zayn Malik's Exit
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'