A human heart floats in a toilet. It's a shocking image that helps director Stephen Frears and screenwriter Steven Knight lay out the plight of illegal immigrants in London. Okwe (Chiwetel Ejiofor), a doctor in Nigeria, now toils as a cabbie and hotel clerk. He is befriended by Senay (Audrey Tautou), a Turkish maid. Both are exploited by Juan (Sergi Lopez), the hotel manager, who traffics in human organs. Fueled by gripping suspense, dark humor and outraged humanity, the film is a modern horror story that means to shake you, and does.
Dirty Pretty Things
- Dirty Pretty Things
- Audrey Tautou
- Directed by Stephen Frears
From The Archives Issue 353: October 1, 1981
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- A Polygamist Cult's Last Stand: The Rise and Fall of Warren Jeffs
- Watch Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Slam Politically Correct Youth Voters
- How Metallica's Kirk Hammett Is Redefining the Sound of Guitar
- Stephen King on 'Dark Tower' Movie: 'It's Likely to Happen'
- DMX Hospitalized in Stable Condition After Collapse
- Max Weinberg on 'River' Tour, What He Learned From Bruce Springsteen
- Watch Blue Jean Committee Help Hall & Oates Announce Summer Tour