For those who don't believe that truth trumps fiction for whacked-out depravity, mark this shockingly fierce and funny spellbinder as Exhibit A. Director Dan Klores, who heads one of the largest public relations firms in the country, lets rip with a tale of erotic obsession so schizoid that it's impervious to spin. It could only be a documentary. Back in the 1950s, hotshot New York attorney Burt Pugach was a negligence specialist in his thirties who was struck by lightning in the form of Linda Riss, a naive Bronx beauty whom Burt took on a whirl of Manhattan high life. Linda knew nothing of Burt's wife and disabled daughter. When the truth snuck out, Linda moved on. That's when Burt hired goons who disfigured her with lye and left her nearly blind. After fourteen years in prison, Burt was released and married Linda. And out of that nutso turn of events — there's more twists than a bag of pretzels — Klores and co-director Fisher Stevens craft a movie that leaves your head spinning. Crazy Love uses archival footage and fresh interviews (Linda refuses to take off her dark glasses but otherwise hides nothing) to get at the dark heart of a passion that spanned half a century. How? Damned if I know. But I couldn't stop watching.
- Crazy Love
- Burt Pugach, Linda Pugach
- Directed by Dan Klores, Fisher Stevens
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most ‘Elite’ Sex Party
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Children of ISIS
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Roger Daltrey: 'I Want Us to Stop at the Top of Our Game'
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music
- Andy Summers on the Police: 'We Were the Most Desirable Men in the World'
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'
- Flashback: The Unedited 'Boats 'N Hoes' Video From 'Step Brothers'
- What the Right Wing Gets Wrong About Bowe Bergdahl