Kevin Smith has taken so much stupid heat for being "too fat to fly" that it would be sweet to report that Cop Out is a return to form for the writer-director of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. But Smith didn't even write this hit-and-miss gag machine. The credit goes to the Cullen brothers, Robb and Mark. Smith directs, that's it, and oversees a fun rapport between Bruce Willis and comedy MVP Tracy Morgan as NYPD partners trying to track down an invaluable baseball card before getting killed by Mexicans and annoyed to death by a stoner burglar (Seann William Scott). An early scene of Morgan scaring a perp with tough dialogue from movies reminded me of primo Smith. Other scenes not so much. But if you're like me, diluted Smith is still better than no Smith at all.
- Cop Out
- Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan, Seann William Scott
- Directed by Kevin Smith
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 TV Spin-Off Story Lines That Ruined The Originals
Guitar WorldThe 20 Creepiest Album Covers of All Time
DiffuserRock Stars' Kids Who Rock
Mental Floss21 Things You Might Not Know About 'Dazed and Confused'
DiffuserThe 12 Most Shocking Crimes In Rock History
Cracked5 Cover Songs Better Than The Original
- The Endless Fall of Suge Knight
- Grateful Dead End 50-Year Career With Moving, Magnificent Final Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Van Halen Play Nice, Shred Hard at High-Energy Tour Opener
- 500 Greatest Songs of All Time
- 25 Best Modern Exploitation Movies
- Obama Is on a Roll, But Is His Presidency?
- Disclosure Double Their Fun: Inside the Duo's Second Album 'Caracal'