Kevin Smith has taken so much stupid heat for being "too fat to fly" that it would be sweet to report that Cop Out is a return to form for the writer-director of Clerks, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. But Smith didn't even write this hit-and-miss gag machine. The credit goes to the Cullen brothers, Robb and Mark. Smith directs, that's it, and oversees a fun rapport between Bruce Willis and comedy MVP Tracy Morgan as NYPD partners trying to track down an invaluable baseball card before getting killed by Mexicans and annoyed to death by a stoner burglar (Seann William Scott). An early scene of Morgan scaring a perp with tough dialogue from movies reminded me of primo Smith. Other scenes not so much. But if you're like me, diluted Smith is still better than no Smith at all.
- Cop Out
- Bruce Willis, Tracy Morgan, Seann William Scott
- Directed by Kevin Smith
From The Archives Issue 140: August 2, 1973
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Famous Movies That Were Insane Parties Behind the Scenes
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
Screen Rant10 Decisions That Ruined Movies
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died at Age 27
AskMenThe 40 Best Guy Movies Of All Time
Mental Floss33 Surprising Stories Behind Famous Songs
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Skulls, Satan and Dave Grohl: Inside Mysterious Occult-Rock Band Ghost
- Jimmy Fallon Plays Donald Trump, Gets Debate Advice From Obama
- Up in the Air: Meet the Man Who Flies Around the World for Free
- Jon Stewart Bids Farewell to Fox News: 'Adios, Motherf---ers'
- Are Rogue Militants Preparing for War on American Soil?
- 25 Best 'Daily Show' Correspondents
- Watch Lauryn Hill's Show-Stopping 'Feeling Good' on 'Tonight Show'