Set in a small fishing community in the Bronx with a large population of Italian-Americans, City Island is a warmly hilarious movie about family members and their secret hearts. Writer-director Raymond De Felitta (Two Family House) tells his story modestly, but his gift for laughs laced with charm and bristling humanity is utterly irresistible. Andy Garcia, showing an untapped flair for comedy, gives one of his best and most beguiling performances as Vince Rizzo, a prison guard (he prefers "corrections officer") whose wife, Joyce (a sexy, frisky Julianna Margulies), thinks he's cheating on her. In fact, Vince is sneaking off to the big city to take acting lessons with a teacher, hilariously deadpanned by Alan Arkin. I'll say no more. City Island is a relief for filmgoers dulled by Hollywood formula. Despite lapses into overstatement, it's nothing but good, sweet, breezy times.
- City Island
- Andy Garcia, Julianna Margulies
- Directed by Raymond De Felitta
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal37 Things About Sex You Need to Know
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies Of All-Time According To Chris Rock
The Daily Beast7 Movies That Do BDSM Better Than ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
Salon10 Movie Stars Who Want to Be Rock Stars and Are Surprisingly Good
Men's JournalThe 101 Best Beers in America
- Prince Sued Over Judith Hill's Debut Album Download
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- The Children of ISIS
- George Carlin's Website Relaunched With Rare Recordings
- Rihanna Asserts Her Dominance on New Song 'Bitch Better Have My Money'
- Reba at 60: The Country Queen's Iconic Career in Photos
- Sara Evans Blasts Fox's 'Last Man on Earth': 'I Was Thoroughly Disgusted'