Some bad movies should carry a leper's bell to warn off ticket buyers. Such a contagion is Charlie St. Cloud, a load of mawkish swill starring Zac Efron (bereft of the talent he showed in Me and Orson Welles). As Charlie, Efron plays catch every day at sunset with his younger brother, Sam (Charlie Tahan). The problem? Sam died in a car accident. Director Burr Steers, who guided Efron through the witless 17 Again, bathes this mush in golden light. But you can't shine a turd. Charlie falls in love with a pretty sailor (Amanda Crew). But even she's half dead. The movie is dead on arrival.
Charlie St. Cloud
- Charlie St. Cloud
- Zac Efron
- Directed by Burr Steers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema BlendThe 10 Highest-Grossing R-Rated Movies Of All Time
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- Meet the Osbournes' Other Daughter, Synth-Pop Artist ARO
- Axl Rose Is Mad About Mayweather/Pacquiao, Demands 'Free-Match'
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- DaveWatch: Countdown to Letterman's Last 'Late Show,' Day 14
- 'Mad Men' Recap: Skate and Destroy
- The Hulk: The Last Angry Man
- Hear Jason Isbell's Nineties-Influenced New Single '24 Frames'