The title of this potent if hardly evenhanded documentary refers to Karl Rove, adviser to both Bush presidents. Filmmakers Joseph Mealey and Michael Paradies Shoob trace Rove's rise from school debating champ to attack dog who allegedly masterminded smears against Texas Gov. Ann Richards and senators John McCain and Max Cleland, among others. Rove isn't blamed for the John Kerry Swift-boat fuss, but you feel he would be if the film hadn't already been completed. Propaganda? You bet. But a scary and persuasive case is made.
- Bush's Brain
- Jacques Vroom
- Directed by Michael Shoob, Joseph Mealey
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
The Daily Beast20 Things You Didn’t Know About Pulp Fiction
SalonThe 13 Most Cringeworthy Sex Scenes in ‘Girls’
The Daily BeastInside New York’s Most Elite Sex Party
Salon10 Songs with Hidden Drug References
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
- Music Megastars Team Up to Launch Streaming Service Tidal
- 10 Things We Learned From Scientology Doc 'Going Clear'
- 5 Things We Learned From 'Walking Dead''s Season 5 Finale
- The Children of ISIS
- Jason Beghe: The TV Tough Guy Who Took on Scientology
- Inside Scientology
- 'Better Call Saul' Recap: Brother's Keeper
- Why Hiring Trevor Noah to Host 'The Daily Show' Is a Great Idea
- Why Trevor Noah Is a Great Choice to Host 'The Daily Show'