Darryl Walker, a naive inventor played by Damon Wayans, is an inner-city superhero with no superpowers. He battles baddies in his underwear, using his grandma's housecoat as a cape and anything handy, like an old shoe, as a weapon. David Alan Grier, Wayan's co-star on In Living Color, appears as Darryl's brother, who is forced into service as Blankman's side-kick, known as the Other Guy. Robin Givens is the love interest and the excuse for a series of sex jokes. As a frisky TV skit, it might have been a hoot. As a feature, Blankman is, well, a stretch. You can feel Wayans, who wrote the script with J.F. Lawton (Pretty Woman), straining along with director Mike Binder to keep the comic idea spinning. No luck.
- Damon Wayans, David Alan Grier, Robin Givens
- Directed by Mike Binder
From The Archives Issue 690: September 8, 1994
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- 100 Greatest Guitarists
- 10 Songs You Didn't Know Were About Drugs
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time