This bittersweet documentary captures the passion and perversion of Robert Dickerson, a singer, bullshit artist and part-time drag queen known as Benjamin. In interviews and rehearsals shot in Atlanta, his hometown, Benjamin obsesses over Luke Perry's feet, sings Tom Waits-y songs with his band, Smoke, and slowly loses his battle with AIDS and hepatitis C. Smoke triumphantly score a gig opening for Patti Smith, who delivers the film's emotional climax with a heartfelt tribute to the cracked poet withering before your eyes.
- Benjamin Smoke
- Robert Dickerson, Patti Smith, Tim Campion, Brian Halloran, Coleman Lewis
- Directed by Jem Cohen, Peter Sillen
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away
- Green Day Return to the Stage With Raucous, Career-Spanning Cleveland Gig
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report