It's not really a movie. It's Johnny Knoxville, 42, and his Jackass crew faking out real people into believing he's 86-year-old Irving Zisman, an old fart bag traveling cross-country to deliver his eight-year-old grandson, Billy (the up-for-anything Jackson Nicoll), to his father. Mom's in jail for being a crack whore. Even when his balls are hanging out, Grandpa means well. Is Knoxville going soft on us? Nah. Bad Grandpa is still the fucked-up family movie of choice, especially if your family has done jail time. Knoxville remains an indestructible comic anarchist. But it's disconcerting to see the Jackass team of Knoxville, director Jeff Tremaine and producer Spike Jonze collaborate on a script that has a beginning, middle and end. Don't worry too much. Everything devolves into a series of hit-and-miss gags as Grandpa and Billy bust into a wedding, a funeral, a male strip joint and a child beauty pageant. Billy in drag grinds it out to "Cherry Pie." In Borat style, hidden cameras catch real people reeling in horror. Hard to believe. Since MTV spawned the Jackass series in 2000, followed by multiple movies of scary stunts and scarier self-abuse, the shock value has worn off. The Kardashians have taken reality to a place no one wants to be. Knoxville keeps on keeping on. But if you've seen one old guy shit himself, you've seen them all.
- Bad Grandpa
- Johnny Knoxville
- Directed by Jeff Tremaine
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mental FlossHow 12 Famous Rappers Picked Their Names
Cinema Blend10 Great Shows That Went Way Downhill
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Salon10 Famous Geniuses And Their Drugs Of Choice
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
- 9 Things We Learned From the Kurt Cobain Doc 'Montage of Heck'
- Watch John Oliver Explore Insanity of Standardized Testing
- 'The Dance' at 25: How Garth Brooks' Weeper Became an Unlikely Hit
- Noel Gallagher Sounds Off on Tidal, Zayn Malik and Same-Sex Marriage
- 'The Voice' Top Six Recap: Unexpected Songs Steal the Show
- Watch Jimmy Fallon, Jack Black Remake Extreme's 'More Than Words' Video
- Eric Clapton Celebrates 70th Birthday With All-Star New York Show
- West Memphis Three's Damien Echols: 'Today Was My Original Execution Date'