Don't let anyone spoil the secrets in this delicate dazzler. See it and then t talking. You will. The pregnant Verona (Maya Rudolph), a medical illustrator of mixed race, loves Burt (John Krasinski), a white guy who sells insurance, but she doesn't want to marry him — bad family histories. "Do you think the baby will be dark like you?" Burt's mom (Catherine O'Hara) asks blithely. Burt and Verona take to the road, visiting friends in search of a place not to be lost in America. Director Sam Mendes deftly follows the twists in the tartly funny and achingly tender script by novelists Dave Eggers and Vendela Vida. Rudolph, a comic force on SNL, can speak volumes with the tilt of an eyebrow. She and Krasinski, of The Office, are absolutely extraordinary. Ditto the film, which sneaks up and floors you.
Away We Go
- Away We Go
- John Krasinski, Allison Janney, Jeff Daniels, Melanie Lynskey, Toni Collette
- Directed by Sam Mendes
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Watch Batman and Superman Clash in New 'Dawn of Justice' Trailer
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Record Store Day 2015: The Ultimate Guide
- Rolling Stone and UVA: The Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism Report