Back in 1997, no one was prepared for how deftly comic and dazzling Mike Myers would be as Austin, the swinging, time-traveling Sixties superspy, and as his hair-deprived archrival, Dr. Evil. Now the relentless renting of the first Powers flick has made Austin-and Evil cultists of us all. Fans react to Dr. Evil's cat, Mr. Bigglesworth (the sphinx's real name is Ted Nudegent), with the same fervor that Star Wars freaks reserve for Chewbacca. We are sooo ready for this sequel, in which Austin — in the first film he was defrosted into the Nineties zaps back to the Sixties and meets hottie Heather Graham, as Felicity Shagwell ("Shagwell by name, shag very well by reputation"). Yeah, baby, yeah! Kristen Johnston, of TV's 3rd Rock From the Sun, plays the Russian spy Ivana Humpalot, and Rob Lowe fills in for Robert Wagner as the young Number Two. Give me a frickin' break if you're not hooked. In the season's best trailer, Dr. Evil sits in a spaceship with Mr. Bigglesworth while a voice intones, "If you see only one movie this summer, see Star Wars. But if you see two movies, see Austin Powers." Verdict: Audiences act accordingly. Myers gets the reviews of his life, and the box-office — maybe $200 million.
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Woody Harrelson
- Directed by Jay Roach
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked4 Lead Singers That Sound Shockingly Bad Without the Band
Cinema Blend15 Incredible Facts You Didn't Know About Back To The Future
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
- Being Ringo: A Beatle's All-Starr Life
- Hear Slayer's Eerie New Crusher 'When the Stillness Comes'
- Black Sabbath's Bill Ward: 'I Don't Know If I'm a Member'
- The Dukes of Oxy: How a Band of Teen Wrestlers Built a Smuggling Empire
- Campaign 2016: Hillary Clinton's Fake Populism Is a Hit
- Tim McGraw's Sandy Hook Show Sparks Controversy, Billy Currington Bails
- Dave Grohl on First Foo Fighters Show: 'I Was F--king Mortified'
- Bill Withers: The Soul Man Who Walked Away