Want to find the heart of rock & roll? You can hear it thundering in Anvil, the Canadian metal band that influenced the likes of Metallica but never hit pay dirt. No wonder lead vocalist Steve "Lips" Kudlow and drummer Robb Reiner are banging heads and egos. Sacha Gervasi's powerhouse doc brings humor and fervent focus to Toronto musicians, supporting their families with day jobs, who won't give up the dream. Ever. Listen to Anvil rip into "Metal on Metal." It's hardcore inspirational.
Anvil! The Story of Anvil
- Anvil! The Story of Anvil
- Robb Reiner, Steve Kudlow
- Directed by Sacha Gervasi
From The Archives Issue 135: May 24, 1973
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- Robin Williams' Children, Widow Settle Bitter Estate Feud
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- Don Henley on 'Sloppy' Songwriting, National Values and Cultural Decay
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- See Keith Urban Surprise Taylor Swift's Toronto Audience