The jury prize winner tells the story of Harvey Pekar (the peerless Paul Giamatti), a Cleveland hospital clerk with a feisty wife (Hope Davis) and a need to turn his "ordinary" life into comic art. Filmmakers Shari Springer Berman and Robert Pulcini show how he does it (R. Crumb helps with the art). But it's the exhilarating way they blend life, comics, actors and the actual cranky Pekar himself that makes their film a one-of-a-kind marvel, the best of the fest.
- American Splendor
- Paul Giamatti, Shari Springer Berman, Harvey Pekar
- Directed by Shari Springer Berman, Robert Pulcini
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 5 Greatest Comedies of All-Time According to Chris Rock
Bleacher ReportThe Worst Picks in NFL Draft History
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
Cracked28 Great Movie Moments Created By Ignoring The Script
Men's Journal10 Sexual Hygiene Tips for Better Sex
Cinema BlendTop 10 Grossest TV Moments
- George Clinton: Doctor Atomic
- 11 Things We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Coming Out Interview
- Hear Pete Townshend's Orchestral Remake of the Who's 'Love, Reign O'er Me'
- Tatiana Maslany on That Emmys Snub and Playing Nine Roles on 'Orphan Black'
- The Force Awakens: 'Star Wars' Superfan Chris Conley Goes to the NFL Draft
- Neil Young and Stephen Stills Light Up the Stage at L.A. Autism Benefit
- Watch Jason Isbell Pay Tribute to Warren Zevon on 'Letterman'
- Watch John Oliver Slam Fashion Industry's Child Labor Practices