"About Adam" at least provides a decent vehicle for the comic talents of Oscar golden girl Kate Hudson ("Almost Famous"), who may be reaching the point where she doesn't have to be ID'd as Goldie Hawn's daughter. Sporting a credible Irish lilt, Hudson plays Lucy Owen, a waitress-singer in a Dublin pub. One night, a stranger named Adam Adam (a charming Stuart Townsend) walks in, and Lucy is hooked. The trouble is, so is the whole Owen family. While Lucy plans her wedding, Adam is secretly off boffing middle sister Laura (Frances O'Connor) and older sister Alice (Charlotte Bradley), and suggesting things to brother David (Alan Maher) that , well. . . . Writer-director Gerard Stembridge keeps the amoral laughs bubbling, though ageists might ask why Adam never gives Lucy's widowed mum (Rosaleen Linehan) a tumble.
- About Adam
- Stuart Townsend, Kate Hudson, Frances O'Connor, Cathleen Bradley, Charlotte Bradley
- Directed by Gerard Stembridge
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Men's Journal12 Things Everyone Should Know About Vaginas
Cracked5 Famous Albums You Can't Buy Anymore
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Cinema Blend10 Big Things We Learned On The Set Of Amy Schumer's Trainwreck
Salon8 Game of Thrones Stars You Didn’t Know Had Music Careers
Cracked5 Things That Secretly Affect Who You Want to Have Sex With
- Mayweather Defeats Pacquiao, KOs Pay-Per-View Providers
- Preview the David Letterman Primetime Farewell Special
- Roger Waters Slams Silicon Valley's 'Rogues and Thieves'
- Scarlett Johansson on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Give 'Em Hell, Bernie
- Grooveshark Shuts Down After Eight Years
- Wiz Khalifa Brings Misty 'See You Again' to 'SNL'
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao: Love the Fight, Not the Fighters