Russell Crowe has many talents, but a gift for light comedy is not one of them. He's teamed here with his Gladiator director, Ridley Scott, to film Peter Mayle's souffle of a novel about a London workaholic who inherits a Provence vineyard from his uncle (Albert Finney) and finds serenity. He also takes a chance on love in the comely person of a cafe owner (Marion Cotillard). The scenery is glorious; you can almost feel the sunshine and smell the wine. But Crowe and Scott are bulls in Mayle's china shop. Like an assertive Burgundy served with a delicate fish, they're a classic wrong pairing.
A Good Year
- A Good Year
- Russell Crowe, Albert Finney, Abbie Cornish, Marion Cotillard, Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi
- Directed by Ridley Scott
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
AskMenThe Top 99 Outstanding Women of 2015
Men's Journal12 Things Every Man Should Know About His Penis
The Daily BeastInside the Racy 'Sex Box' Reality Show
Men's Journal7 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook in 2015
Salon5 Mysteries We Hope the “X-Files” Reboot Will Resolve
Cinema Blend10 Great Movies To Watch Before Netflix Gets Rid Of Them On April 1
- The Neverending Nightmare of Amanda Knox
- New Tupac Music From the Vaults Headed for Release
- The Children of ISIS
- Zayn Malik Breaks Silence Following One Direction Split
- James Taylor's Mellow Rebirth: Inside 'Before This World'
- 10 Things We Learned Spending Two Days With Bill Withers
- Weekend Rock Question: What's the Best Van Halen Album?
- Dr. Dre Talks N.W.A Biopic, Eazy-E's Death, Eminem and Making New Music