Here's a fireball documentary about the 1970s, when filmmakers were stoked by sex, drugs, rock and, oh, yeah, social conscience. Directors Richard LaGravenese and the late Ted Demme interview the likes of Scorsese, Coppola and Altman and show great clips, from M*A*S*H to Apocalypse Now. As Paul Schrader, who wrote Taxi Driver, points out, "The film business was a decadent, decaying, emptied whorehouse, and it had to be assaulted." Still does.
A Decade Under the Influence
- A Decade Under the Influence
- Francis Ford Coppola, William Friedkin, Julie Christie, Polly Platt, Peter Bogdanovich
- Directed by Richard LaGravenese, Ted Demme
From The Archives Issue 923: May 29, 2003
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked5 Real People Screwed By 'True-Story' Movies Based On Them
Diffuser27 Rockers Who Died At Age 27
VultureEvery American Idol Finalist, Ranked From Worst to Best
Salon10 Insane Climax Tips
Mental Floss11 Actors Who Asked For Their Characters To Be Killed Off
Cracked6 On-Set Arguments That Almost Derailed Classic Films
- Gwen Stefani Enlists George Clooney, Julia Roberts for 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Prince in the Nineties: An Oral History
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Detail New Album 'The Getaway'
- See System of a Down's Serj Tankian Perform New Political Song 'Artsakh'
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’: Why Chris Evans Is the Anxious Avenger
- Watch Paul McCartney Cover Prince's 'Let's Go Crazy' in Minneapolis
- Prince: Remembering the Rock Star, Funk Lord, Provocateur, Genius
- A Final Visit With Prince: Rolling Stone's Lost Cover Story