Try as he might to "hoo-ha" some life into this stupendously stupid thriller, Al Pacino can't disguise the desperation of this CSI wanna-be. As Jack Gramm, an FBI forensic shrink who also teaches at a Seattle university, Pacino must ward off a horny student (Alicia Witt), a serial killer (Neal McDonough) on death row who arranges a string of copycat murders to win a reprieve, and a mystery caller who warns him he has only eighty-eight minutes to live. Sounds like a full day, what with Jack's semen found in the vaginal cavity of a murdered call girl. But I'm guessing it's the pressure of an idiot script by Gary Scott Thompson and understandably clueless direction from Jon Avnet that forces Pacino to ham it up so vigorously that you want to garnish him with cloves and a slice of pineapple.
- 88 Minutes
- Al Pacino, Alicia Witt, Leelee Sobieski, Amy Brenneman, Deborah Kara Unger
- Directed by Jon Avnet
From The Archives Issue 253: December 1, 1977
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked7 Famous Actors Who Lost Their Minds Getting Into Character
Mental Floss10 Actors Who Hated Their Own Films
Diffuser10 Cover Songs Better Than The Originals
MTV News6 Bands Named After Vaginas
SalonThe 15 Most Hated Bands Of The Last 30 Years
Guitar WorldTop 10 Best (and Worst) Comeback Albums of All Time
- 4 Pro-Gun Arguments We're Sick of Hearing
- Miley Cyrus on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- Miley Cyrus Brings Flaming Lips, 'Dead Petz' to 'SNL'
- Watch Stephen Colbert's Powerful Monologue About Oregon Shooting
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Maynard James Keenan on New Book, Tool LP: 'Do I Seem Like a Lazy Person?'
- How Radiohead Shocked the World: A 15th-Anniversary Salute to 'Kid A'
- Wells Fargo's Master Spin Job