Try as he might to "hoo-ha" some life into this stupendously stupid thriller, Al Pacino can't disguise the desperation of this CSI wanna-be. As Jack Gramm, an FBI forensic shrink who also teaches at a Seattle university, Pacino must ward off a horny student (Alicia Witt), a serial killer (Neal McDonough) on death row who arranges a string of copycat murders to win a reprieve, and a mystery caller who warns him he has only eighty-eight minutes to live. Sounds like a full day, what with Jack's semen found in the vaginal cavity of a murdered call girl. But I'm guessing it's the pressure of an idiot script by Gary Scott Thompson and understandably clueless direction from Jon Avnet that forces Pacino to ham it up so vigorously that you want to garnish him with cloves and a slice of pineapple.
- 88 Minutes
- Al Pacino, Alicia Witt, Leelee Sobieski, Amy Brenneman, Deborah Kara Unger
- Directed by Jon Avnet
From The Archives Issue 253: December 1, 1977
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka Charged With Third-Degree Murder
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Alabama Shakes' Brittany Howard Releases New LP as Thunderbitch
- Watch French Train Hero Recount Gunman Encounter on 'Fallon'
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?
- Read Kanye West's Blunt, Poignant VMA Video Vanguard Award Speech