This spellbinding detective story isn't officially a documentary, since director Doug Block can't be objective about the fifty-four-year marriage of his parents, who lived in Port Washington, New York, until his mom, Mina, died in 2002 and his dad, Mike, married his secretary. Through haunting home movies, Mina's diaries and interviews with Mike, a raw, riveting portrait emerges of what a child sees in his parents' relationship and what lies beneath.
51 Birch Street
- 51 Birch Street
- Carol Block, Doug Block, Ellen Block, Karen Block, Mike Block, Mina Block
- Directed by Doug Block
From The Archives Issue 250: October 20, 1977
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
- Conservative Heads Explode Over Kentucky's Bigoted County Clerk
- Keith Richards: Rap Is for 'Tone-Deaf People'
- How Coheed and Cambria Broke Concept-Album Streak on New LP
- Tom Brady Is Free, and Roger Goodell Is Screwed
- Alice Cooper and Joe Perry on Hollywood Vampires' Drunk History
- Watch Slayer and Danny Trejo Film Gore-Drenched Video at L.A. Prison
- Black Sabbath Announce Final Tour 'The End'
- Watch Justin Bieber, Questlove Battle in Drum-Off Rematch on 'Fallon'