It sounded good: a bunch of foulmouthed geezers taking bloody revenge on the French lover boy (Melvil Poupaud) who stole the wife (Joanne Whalley) of their car-salesman mate (Ray Winstone). With the acting power of Ian McShane, Stephen Dillane, Tom Wilkinson and John Hurt joining Winstone in a swearing challenge that could make David Mamet blush, 44 Inch Chest had the makings of the next Sexy Beast, since it shares the same screenwriters, Louis Mellis and David Scinto. But unlike Beast director Jonathan Glazer, Malcolm Venville coaches his ace acting team to ring infinite variations on the word "cunt" without realizing that there's a difference between exposing misogyny and crassly exploiting it.
44 Inch Chest
- 44 Inch Chest
- Ray Winstone, Ian McShane
- Directed by Malcolm Venville
From The Archives Issue 137: June 21, 1973
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cracked6 Hit Songs That Destroyed The Bands They Made Famous
SalonSecrets Of The Female Pickup Artist
Mental Floss10 People Banned From SNL
MTV News6 Cringe-Worthy VMA Moments We’ll Never Forget
Diffuser10 Best Album Closing Tracks
Cracked5 Famous Bands With Backstories That Would Make Great Movies
- Kenny Chesney on Life Post-'Revival': 'There's This Double-Edged Sword’
- Andrew Luck: The Natural
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Fall Music Preview 2015: 30 Must-Hear Albums
- Janis Joplin's Bandmate Talks Heroin, Pool Hangs in Exclusive Doc Clip
- The Secrets of an NFL Locker Room
- Tinashe on New 'Joyride' Album: 'Motherf--kers, I Can't Be Ignored'
- High Desert Suicide: Was a Prison Guard Hazed to Death?