The pop shot: not a title, but a place to reward superior crowd-pleasers. For me, it's a three-way tie: Steven Spielberg's War Horse is an emotional ride – full gallop. Tate Taylor's The Help celebrates the female bond (a 2011 rarity). And David Yates' Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 ends a franchise on a high note that Oscar should heed. Disagree? Let's hear it.
• Peter Travers' Original Review: 'The Help'
• Photos: Jessica Chastain's Breakout Year
• Peter Travers' Original Review: 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2'
• Peter Travers Reviews 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2' in This Week's 'At the Movies with Peter Travers'
• Rolling Stone's Guide to 'Harry Potter'