Table of Content
Issue 1214 - July 31, 2014
Survivors of the 2012 Aurora, Colorado, shooting and other tragedies talk about their harrowing experiences in the centerpiece of our in-depth look at the epidemic of gun violence in the U.S. Plus: The country's deadliest guns, an interactive map of the most dangerous states, a rare Q&A with regulation advocate Michael Bloomberg and more.
In the clip for "Early Days," McCartney looks back on his friendship with John Lennon. See it only on rollingstone.com
See what happened when fun. guitarist Jack Antonoff brought his solo project, Bleachers, to the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.
Check out rare images of Johnny Cash, Miranda Lambert, Waylon Jennings and many more from a new exhibit.
Rock and Roll
- The guitarist on his new LP and whether he'll hang it up for good
- Paul Comes Back Strong Post-health scare, McCartney hits the road and swears off retirement
- Awkwardly Brilliant Nathan Fielder may be the most hilarious pitchman on television
- Avicii's Rock Blowout The DJ calls on Chris Martin on Jon Bon Jovi for his new record
- Bobby Womack, 1944-2014 The soul star backed up Elvis, wrote the Stones' first Number One and helped define the sound of Seventies R&B. But his brilliance was tempered by an incredibly messy life
- Ketch Secor's Old-Time Religion How a prep-school kid started Old Crow Medicine Show, America's wildest roots band
- Sam Smith on going from shy kid to pop's most heavenly voice
- About a Boyhood How Richard Linklater turned his life into a masterpiece
- Back to Baghdad A soldier returns to confront the madness America created and the broken lives we left behind
Shades of Cool: 12 of Lana Del Rey's Biggest Influences From Sixties crooners to ultraviolent contemporary hip-hoppers, here's some of the vanguards that inspired the RS cover star
Bright Light, Dark World: Lana Del Rey's Technicolor Style Statements Tracking the singer's turn toward the ultraviolet, just in time for 'Ultraviolence'
- Beach Boys leader calls Lana Del Rey, Kacey Musgraves and more for solo album
- A True Country Outlaw Looks Back Billy Joe Shaver wrote for Elvis and shot a man in the face - now he's taking stock of it all
Random Notes Online Your daily dose of rock's hottest shots
- Random Notes Macklemore celebrates Pride; Nile Rodgers and Prince jam
- Q&A: Lil Jon On his huge comeback hit, raising a teenager and being friends with Donald Trump
- Television: All-American Nightmare What happens after everything goes wrong? On 'The Leftovers,' it isn't much fun finding out. But it sure is gripping