Table of Content
Issue 1183 - May 23, 2013
Coming Soon: Damon Albarn on Blur, GorillazFresh off rocking Coachella, frontman Albarn tells us about a possible new Blur album, plus his first-ever solo LP and a career-spanning tour featuring songs by Blur, Gorillaz and all his other side projects.
Coming Soon: 'Sports' Replay: Huey Lewis Gets Back in TimeTo celebrate the three-decade anniversary of his 1983 album 'Sports,' the king of Eighties pop rock looks back on 'Back to the Future,' "We Are the World" and 'American Psycho.'
Just outside the capital of the Show-Me State, locals have been complaining about a noxious smell in the air. The source? A raging underground landfill fire that is dangerously close to a nuclear-waste site. Activists are scrambling to stop this looming calamity, but is there time?
Rock and Roll
- Anticipation builds with reports of all-star sessions in Paris.
- Making the Ultimate 'Fear and Loating in Las Vegas' Illustrator Ralph Steadman revisits the gonzo Hunter S. Thompson classic for charity
- The Biggest and Funniest Jerk on TV Timothy Simons plays the ultimate douchey D.C. staffer on 'Veep'
- Q&A: John Mayer On accidental racism, what it takes to shut him up and why he might be going country
- Fleetwood Mac Dig Deep on World Tour Lindsey Buckingham breaks down the hits, rarities and new tunes they're playing
- Encounter: Ke$ha Drinking whiskey in a Venice Beach gay bar with pop's funniest, raunchiest star
- The vice president sits for an animated talk about Syria, gun control and his tight bond with Obama.
- Life After Emo Inside Fall Out Boy's surprise comeback.
- Snoop's Rasta Rebirth The MC says he's adopted a new peace-loving Rasta outlook. But can old Doggs learn new tricks?
- Merle Haggard Remembers George Jones The singer had 143 country hits and a "voice like a Stradivarius." A fellow legend pays tribute.
- On 'Family Tree,' Christopher Guest and Co. take a hapless Chris O'Dowd on a hilarious quest to discover his roots
- Summer Movie Preview Men of iron, steel and adamantium (hey, Wolverine) ride herd on a season that leaves audiences high and critics puking.
- Random Notes David Bowie shoots a new video; Billy Joel plays Jazz Fest
Random Notes Online Your daily dose of rock's hottest shots
- Who's That Kid Playing the Blues? 'Players like him come once in a lifetime,' Buddy Guy says of 8th-grader Quinn Sullivan
- Ten Years Late, Postal Service Hit the Road Death Cab singer's mega-popular synth-pop project finally gets a major tour