Table of Content
Issue 1205 - March 27, 2014
A new tribute album to Dylan's Eighties catalog celebrates the most underrated era of his career. Read Jonathan Lethem's liner notes, only at rollingstone.com. "How generous of Dylan to give us some guilty pleasures and secret treasures."
For every classic U2 hit like "One" or "New Year's Day," there's an equally great obscurity like "North and South of the River" or "Salomé." We picked the band's top lesser-known songs.
In the past few months, even conservative states like Utah, Texas, Virginia and Oklahoma have seen judicial rulings in favor of same-sex marriage - and national polls show a strong majority in favor of marriage equality. We look at the reasons why this movement is gaining momentum so quickly.
With the director's latest film, 'The Grand Budapest Hotel,' hitting theaters, Anderson's longtime music supervisor Randall Poster tells us about his most memorable soundtrack choices.
Rock and Roll
- The story behind his devastating injury and classic new LP
- Inside 'Nymphomaniac' Why Shia LaBeouf and other A-listers signed up for the most explicit "mainstream" movie ever
- What's Black, White and Funny All Over? Why the offbeat, edgy 'Champs' is Questlove's favorite podcast
- Meet Punk Rock's Freshest New Headache Blood-shedding charisma bomb Meredith Graves leads Syracuse punk rookies Perfect Pussy
- The Young Renegade of TV News Abby Martin likes drugs, hates corporate media and just risked her job to take on Putin
- How did a chain-smoking geek from Hanoi design the viral hit Flappy Bird - and why did he walk away?
- Life After Punk 'Portlandia' star Carrie Brownstein on why the loud, fast life never really suited her
- Bill Gates: The Rolling Stone Interview The richest man in the world explains how to save the planet
- Spring Fashion 2014 Meet the 10 fresh faces breaking new ground for cool this year
15 Ways Skrillex Changed the World How our cover star dropped in and rumbled culture
Skrillex: The Rolling Stone Cover Shoot Hanging in trees (literally!) with the California kid who took over the world
- The singer looks back at the chaotic sessions for 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'
- Q&A: Kristen Bell The 'Veronica Mars' star on motherhood, geeking out and her "crybaby" husband
- The Altar Boys of Late Night Fallon and Meyers take over the all-American schmoozefest
Random Notes Online Your daily dose of rock's hottest shots
- Random Notes Bruce makes an Aussie splash; Lorde and Taylor Swift go to the beach