Table of Content
Issue 1184 - June 6, 2013
Earlier this year, the Pumpkins rocked a tripped-out rendition of David Bowie's "Space Oddity" on a rooftop in Austin. We've got the footage.
With 'Star Trek Into Darkness' now in theaters, we count down our favorite bad guys from the franchise's four-decade history - from Khan to the Borg and beyond.
The alt-rock hero - who separated from wife and bandmate Kim Gordon in 2011 - talks about his new band and the uncertain future of Sonic Youth.
Rock and Roll
- Inside the resurrection of TV's craziest sitcom
- The New Troublemakers Teen rap phenom Chief Keef and the seven other rising stars stirring up trouble in 2013.
- Fogerty and Friends Go Back to the Bayou The Creedence singer-guitarist tells the stories behind his new all-star LP
- The Busiest Man in Rock Plots Solo LP, Blur Disc Damon Albarn on his solo album, U.S. opera debut and the future of his old band
- Uncovering the Dark Side of WikiLeaks Filmmaker Alex Gibney defies lefty orthodoxy and takes on the hacktivist culture
- Festival Season Starts Up Bands, beats and Kanye! Pick the bash that's right for you from our guide to the biggest, wildest summer fests
- How the Fed is conducting a crazy experiment with our economy.
- Goodbye, Dixie She took on Bush, and Nashville cast her out. Now Natalie Maines is moving on.
- Sex and Death on the Road to Nirvana An American guru had plans to take Tibetan Buddhism mainstream. Then a convert died in the desert and his secrets spilled out.
- Michael Douglas and Matt Damon shine in 'Behind the Candelabra,' a brilliantly garish look at the life of Liberace
- Hawke's Labor of Love With 'Before Midnight,' Ethan Hawke continues his genius role of a lifetime.
- Random Notes Katy Perry sings with Mick Jagger; Willie Nelson receives an honorary doctorate
Random Notes Online Your daily dose of rock's hottest shots
- Saying Goodbye to an All-Time 'SNL' Great After quietly becoming the funniest guy on the show, Bill Hader takes a bow
- Q&A: Tom Petty On retiring the hits, teasing the Heartbreakers and smoking medicinal weed