Passing pairs of headphones is neither a practical way to share music with friends nor a hygienic one. Zumreed’s X2 Hybrid cans, which also double as a pair of external speakers, happily make it much simpler (and less grody) to bring the noise. By rotating the unit’s cuffs and flipping a switch, the exterior of the headphones’ ear cups become outward facing speakers, letting you share your love of Yanni with fellow passengers on morning subway commutes. Available in May for $165, the dual-use audio device can keep pounding out the hits for four hours on a one-hour charge (or less, if aggravated bystanders rip them off and stomp them to pieces first). While external volume output doesn’t approach earthshaking levels, it’s a workable solution for letting others tune in without exchanging earwax.
Top Toy: Headphones That Transform Into Portable Speakers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Cinema BlendThe 10 Worst Movies Of The Past Year
Cracked5 Iconic Songs Despised by the People Who Created Them
SalonThe 20 Most Underrated Albums Of All Time
Cracked7 Musicians Whose Trademark Looks Were Hiding Something
Mental Floss15 Famous Songs With Misunderstood Meanings
Cinema Blend20 Misconceptions About Sex
- Dave Matthews on Summer Tour: 'We're Trying Not to Suck'
- Watch Coldplay Adapt 'Game of Thrones' Into Ridiculous Musical
- Letterman Fan Details Every Frame in Final Show Montage
- Hear Drake and Beyonce Ask 'Can I' on Leaked Song
- Bill Kreutzmann on Grateful Dead's LSD-Tinted 'Playboy' Show
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- Inside U2's 'Innocence' Spectacle: A Backstage Q&A With Bono and Edge
- Bill Wyman Returns Solo After 33 Years: 'I Thought, What the Hell'