Passing pairs of headphones is neither a practical way to share music with friends nor a hygienic one. Zumreed’s X2 Hybrid cans, which also double as a pair of external speakers, happily make it much simpler (and less grody) to bring the noise. By rotating the unit’s cuffs and flipping a switch, the exterior of the headphones’ ear cups become outward facing speakers, letting you share your love of Yanni with fellow passengers on morning subway commutes. Available in May for $165, the dual-use audio device can keep pounding out the hits for four hours on a one-hour charge (or less, if aggravated bystanders rip them off and stomp them to pieces first). While external volume output doesn’t approach earthshaking levels, it’s a workable solution for letting others tune in without exchanging earwax.
Top Toy: Headphones That Transform Into Portable Speakers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
SalonThe 19 Greatest Double Entendre Songs
VultureAll 169 Seinfeld Episodes, Ranked from Worst to Best
Guitar WorldThe 20 Best Rock Guitar Intros of All Time
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
Cracked7 Insane Things TV Shows Did When They Ran Out Of Money
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Watch Coldplay, Beyonce and Bruno Mars Rock Super Bowl 50 Halftime
- Super Bowl 50 Commercials: The Best and Worst From the Big Game
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- Watch Lady Gaga Sing Stirring National Anthem at Super Bowl 50
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- 15 Great Songs You Didn't Know Sia Wrote