Passing pairs of headphones is neither a practical way to share music with friends nor a hygienic one. Zumreed’s X2 Hybrid cans, which also double as a pair of external speakers, happily make it much simpler (and less grody) to bring the noise. By rotating the unit’s cuffs and flipping a switch, the exterior of the headphones’ ear cups become outward facing speakers, letting you share your love of Yanni with fellow passengers on morning subway commutes. Available in May for $165, the dual-use audio device can keep pounding out the hits for four hours on a one-hour charge (or less, if aggravated bystanders rip them off and stomp them to pieces first). While external volume output doesn’t approach earthshaking levels, it’s a workable solution for letting others tune in without exchanging earwax.
Top Toy: Headphones That Transform Into Portable Speakers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Guitar WorldThe 10 Best Traits of an Awesome Band Member
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
Salon11 Artists Who Are Still Great After Four Decades
TestTubeHow Long Should Sex Last?
- Inside the Koch Brothers' Toxic Empire
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Amy Schumer on 'SNL': 3 Sketches You Have to See
- 500 Greatest Albums of All Time
- 10 Songs You Didn't Know Were About Drugs
- Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny
- Brian May Talks Queen's 1975 Concert Film, Performing 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Live