Passing pairs of headphones is neither a practical way to share music with friends nor a hygienic one. Zumreed’s X2 Hybrid cans, which also double as a pair of external speakers, happily make it much simpler (and less grody) to bring the noise. By rotating the unit’s cuffs and flipping a switch, the exterior of the headphones’ ear cups become outward facing speakers, letting you share your love of Yanni with fellow passengers on morning subway commutes. Available in May for $165, the dual-use audio device can keep pounding out the hits for four hours on a one-hour charge (or less, if aggravated bystanders rip them off and stomp them to pieces first). While external volume output doesn’t approach earthshaking levels, it’s a workable solution for letting others tune in without exchanging earwax.
Top Toy: Headphones That Transform Into Portable Speakers
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
Mic12 Stunning Pics Offer a Rare View Inside the Lives of Sex Workers
Cracked29 Bizarre True Stories Behind the Most Popular Music Ever
Cinema BlendThe 15 Best Disaster Movies Of All Time
ClickholeThe Greatest Movie Speeches of All Time
Cracked6 Insane Meltdowns by Actors on Set of Their Greatest Movies
MicHere's the Meaning of the Scathing New Pussy Riot Song
- Shania Twain Announces Final Tour
- Hear Violent Femmes' First New Song in 15 Years
- 5 Takeaways From 'House of Cards' Season Three
- Metallica's Lars Ulrich on New Album: 'We Are F--king in It!'
- Watch Conan O'Brien Join Salsa Band During Cuba Visit
- Method Man on Secret Wu-Tang Release: 'F--k That Album'
- a-ha, "Take on Me"
- Travis Barker to Tom DeLonge: 'Just Man Up and Quit' Blink-182