- Though Rihanna's fit physique has earned her a long-term role as a model (and guest designer) for Armani Jeans, an Irish model claims that she has served as the singer's body double in a series of steamy ads for the brand. The Sun reveals that Jahnassa Aicken's "torso, body and bum" appear in parts of Rihanna's latest Armani Jeans commercial, a shadow role apparently kept under wraps until now. Aicken also appeared as a stand-in for the singer in her "We Found Love" video.
- In other titillating Rihanna news, she'll be wearing even less than usual in her upcoming campaign for her third fragrance, "Nude." Hint: the name says it all.
- Madonna has chosen Mick Jagger's daughter, supermodel Georgia May Jagger, to be the poster child for Material Girl, the junior line she shares with her own daughter, Lola. Former brand ambassadors include spunky sirens Taylor Momsen and Kelly Osbourne.
- Carly Rae Jepsen's mega-hit "Call Me Maybe" has the fashion world in full-on karaoke mode. Witness model Hilary Rhoda, designer Rebecca Minkoff and Man Repeller's Leandra Medine offer comic relief in their mimed version, broadcasted at the CFDAs last week:
- Designer Alexander Wang, recently sued for running an illegal sweatshop, has finally responded to those allegations, vehemently denying them. Among his remarks: "[The plaintiffs are] two disgruntled former employees with axes to grind . . . who have mischaracterized their former workplace as a hovel, while attempting to portray defendants as 'sweatshop owners.'"
- Famed Dynasty costume designer Nolan Miller died last week at the age of 79. His strong-shouldered debutante looks not only defined an immortal period of Eighties glamor, but later went on to influence the over-the-top ironic styles favored by Lady Gaga.