Lollapalooza 2011 just wrapped, and despite the torrential rain, it produced the requisite victories to make the experience another categorical success, with live highlights including Crystal Castles' punishingly great set to the Arctic Monkeys' much-discussed victory lap in the rainbow. Of course, there's always a style story to accompany every musical motion made. In the spirit of celebrating 20 years of Lolla, we look back at some of the festival's most memorable stylistic and visual milestones. These are the performers whose manner of personal presentation express something specific and special about at the particular moment and mentality in time they have come to encapsulate. Dressing is a dialogue, and these looks – funny, strange, subtle but informative – tell us a lot.
Lollapalooza Through the Years: 10 Iconic Moments In Style
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
SalonThe 7 Most Tragic Band Deaths In Rock History
Mental Floss11 Hit Songs Originally Intended for Other Artists
Mental Floss24 Things You Didn't Know About 'Goodfellas'
DiffuserMusicians We've Already Lost in 2016
Cracked6 Bands That Reinvented Themselves To Get Famous
- Watch Beyonce's Surprise New Video 'Formation'
- Super Bowl Halftime Shows Ranked: From Worst to Best
- Alice Cooper on His Dinner With David Bowie and Ray Bradbury
- Coldplay's Chris Martin Gets Personal: Inside the New Issue
- 25 Musicians 'Feeling the Bern' for Bernie Sanders
- Beyonce's Black Southern 'Formation'
- The Vampire Squid Tells Us How to Vote
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl Anthem: 'I Just Sang From My Heart'