Lollapalooza 2011 just wrapped, and despite the torrential rain, it produced the requisite victories to make the experience another categorical success, with live highlights including Crystal Castles' punishingly great set to the Arctic Monkeys' much-discussed victory lap in the rainbow. Of course, there's always a style story to accompany every musical motion made. In the spirit of celebrating 20 years of Lolla, we look back at some of the festival's most memorable stylistic and visual milestones. These are the performers whose manner of personal presentation express something specific and special about at the particular moment and mentality in time they have come to encapsulate. Dressing is a dialogue, and these looks – funny, strange, subtle but informative – tell us a lot.
Lollapalooza Through the Years: 10 Iconic Moments In Style
Around the Web
Powered By ZergNet
Around the Web
CrackedThe 5 Greatest Movie Sex Scenes
Guitar WorldThe 30 Most Badass Guitarists of All Time
DiffuserThe 10 Nastiest Feuds In Alternative Music
Mental Floss7 Movies That Sent People Running Out of Theaters
SalonTop 11 'SNL' Political Sketches Of All Time
CrackedThe 18 Most Baffling Lines Of Dialogue In Movie History
- There Is No Real Hillary Clinton
- Keith Richards on Getting Busted, Zeppelin and Stones’ Future
- Wells Fargo's Master Spin Job
- Putin's Angels: Inside Russia's Most Infamous Motorcycle Club
- Sammy Hagar: 'If I Joined Van Halen Right Now, I'd Feel Like a Hypocrite'
- Hear Grunge Supergroup Ten Commandos' 'Staring Down the Dust'
- Vote for the 2016 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Inductees
- Meet the Right-Wing Rebels Who Overthrew John Boehner