• Swedish singer Lykke Li will perform at New York Fashion Week, American Express announced this morning. On September 15th, she'll perform at a Cardmember-Only DKNY 2012 Resort Collection show at Lincoln Center as part of a "special finale runway performance." Unlike most Fashion Week events, you can actually buy your way into this one if you're a cardholder; tickets available here.
• We reported Monday that Natali Germanotta, Lady Gaga's younger sister, is designing costumes for an off-Broadway show. Naturally, the singer's stylistic influence on her sibling is inevitable, but word is they will be collaborating in an official capacity for an upcoming clothing line. The look: "To remodel the styles of classic icons from the past, for example, Marilyn Monroe, Grace Kelly, and Katherine Hepburn," but with some severe twists, of course. [Grazia]
• Kelly Osbourne has her eye on eventually launching her own fashion line, she writes in her column for Closer magazine. Also on her dream agenda? Becoming a fashion editor. [Press Party]
• Is Madonna the symbolic faceplate for Fall 2011 fashion trends? The New York Post thinks so. They've set up a visual portfolio of the singer's most iconic looks, many of which have indeed spilled over into the runways of late. View it here.
• In other Madge-related news, MTV created a novelty video tribute to the singer's legendary 1984 "Like A Virgin" VMA performance. Inexplicably, the star of this nuptial peepshow is a kitten named Mona, giving whole new relevance to LOLcat memes. [MTV]
• Avril Lavigne tried her hand at fashion design a few seasons ago with a low-key launch of her clothing label, Abbey Dawn. This Fashion Week, she'll be pulling out all the stops and showing a full range of womenswear, and will even debut a men's line, for Spring 2012. So far, industry reaction to Lavigne's entry into the fashion marketplace has been mixed. [Stylecaster]
• The inspired folks at Worn Journal cleverly tap into the 90s revival craze, and present a video tribute to the era's most vividly idolized fashionable film, Clueless. As you can see below, it contains a 60 second documentation of every outfit protagonist Cher Horowitz wears throughout the film. Bookmark now; check back in 6 weeks to see which Spring 2012 runway look suspiciously familiar in comparison.