PK on Opening for Aerosmith and Taking Guitars to the Head
. Photo by Lam Nguyen.
What’s the best show you’ve played?
Travis: We opened for Aerosmith in front of 10,000 people. That was the biggest, and then the best shows have been our hometown shows where we just pack it out and kids are ripping off the walls and stuff like that.
What bands do you think you sound the most like?
Nick: I know we get a lot of Strokes, Killers, the Cure, which is funny, but we definitely have some influence from them, as well, I’d say.
What’s the worst disaster you’ve ever suffered onstage?
Travis: At our CD release, it was the last song, our encore, everyone’s going nuts. So I tossed my guitar on the ground and was like, “I’m just going to go stage-diving for this last 30 seconds of the show,” and so I went to go dive and I just dove straight into a hole in the crowd and landed on my head. Luckily, they scraped me off the ground and shoved me back on the stage, and I played the last couple of notes. We’ve had a bunch of guitar swinging hits to the head, too. A lot of blood and lights being broken, but that was probably the worst one so far.
What kind of vehicle do you use to get to gigs?
Nick: We have a 15-passenger van and trailer. The van has been modified by Travis on the inside. It has submarine bunks in it, a flip-down LCD screen, it’s kind of pimped out. The trailer has sinks and cubbies in it, kind of the standard.
What’s your favorite way to relax?
Nick: Hot tub with tons of babes.
Is there any music you can’t stand?
Nick: The over-processed, Autotune Ke$ha-style stuff, I’d say, probably kills me a little bit.
How about a guilty pleasure?
Nick: Taylor Swift.
Travis: And Hall and Oates.
What are your vices on the road?
Nick: We like to camp, we like to do a lot of outdoors stuff. We probably drink pots of coffee in the morning to get ourselves going, that’s one of our vices, as well as sleeping. The occasional drink now and then.
- Home Video: PK At this exciting time in the young band’s...
- PK: Scrappy Quintet Ditch College For Shot at Pop-Punk Glory Who: This Templeton, California, band broke up ...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow The Contest
Stay Connected - Program Updates
Thank You! Look for contest updates and more in your inbox.
- Latest Contest News
- Ever since winning the Choose the Cover contest and becoming the first unsigned band to ever appe...
- The Sheepdogs may be the first unsigned band to ever appear on the cover of Rolling Stone, but th...
- The Sheepdogs celebrated their Choose the Cover Contest victory last night at an exclusive party ...
- It's been an amazing week for the Sheepdogs. The boogie rockers from Saskatoon won the Choos...
- After months of competing in the Choose the Cover contest, the Sheepdogs were jubilant ...